Indian Army Twenty members have been killed by Chinese troops during the India-China border clash.
This unprecedented and dangerous position of non-operational efforts in the LAC determines the “line of action” of the two states.
|China and India Clashes on the border
🔜“On 15/16 June 2020, the Indian and Chinese armies dispersed in the Galwan region, where they had previously clashed. 17 Indian soldiers who were seriously injured while on stand-off position and had temperatures below zero degrees,” the army said in a statement. The Indian Army is committed to safeguarding the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation, “the statement said.
🔜In the deadliest clash in more than five decades on the Line of Control, 20 Indian Army personnel, including the commanding officer of 1116 Bihar, were killed in a clash with Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley of Ladakh on Monday night, where they were trapped.
The army said there were casualties on both sides. The Beijing PLA did not make a public statement on their losses.
In a report before Wednesday, the ANI also claimed that a Chinese military commander was among the more than 40 People’s Liberation Army (PLA) soldiers killed in Monday night’s “clashes.”
🗺China on Wednesday said it wanted to avoid further clashes with India on its border after decades of deadly nuclear power struggles.
The two countries have been blamed for Monday’s high-profile fighting, which killed at least 20 Indian soldiers, and China has not yet confirmed whether there were any casualties.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman “Zhao Lijian On Wednesdayr retarded that Indian troops had crossed the border illegally and attacked the Chinese side.
He called on India to “strictly restrain the border forces” from “illegally crossing the border, not making provocative gestures, not taking any unilateral action to complicate the border situation.”
He added, however, that both sides would “continue to resolve this issue through dialogue and discussion”.
13:30 GMT – Protesters try to gather at the Chinese Embassy in New Delhi
Anti-China protests have erupted across various cities in India, with 20 Indian soldiers killed in two of the world’s most populous countries.
Police in riot gear stormed a rally on Friday, removing hundreds of protesters by truck. Police in riot gear stormed a rally on Friday, removing hundreds of protesters by truck.
Addressing a meeting with the chief ministers, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday issued a strong statement on the martyrdom of 20 members of the Indian Army along the Line of Actual Control.
Emphasizing that heroism is a part of Indian heritage, the Prime Minister assured the people that “the sacrifices of the soldiers will not go in vain.” He said sovereignty and territorial integrity were of paramount importance to the country.
“India seeks peace,” he said, adding that no one should doubt the country’s ability to respond appropriately to a provocative attack. The Prime Minister further stressed that the soldiers were killed while holding on to the duty of the country after bravely killing their Chinese opponents. He and the Chief Ministers observed a two-minute silence to pay their respects to the martyred soldiers.
Prime Minister Modi
“We will not compromise with the sovereignty and territorial integrity of our country. We have shown our strength in defending the sovereignty and territorial integrity of our country. We have shown our capability. Sacrifice is part of our Indian tradition. However, heroism and bravery.” Equally a part of our tradition. I want to assure the nation that the sacrifices of our soldiers will not go in vain. India’s sovereignty and territorial integrity are paramount for us. No one can stop us from defending it. No one should doubt it. India wants peace but provoked. India has the power to respond appropriately to any situation after the incident. The country will be proud that many of our brave martyrs were killed after being killed (Chinese soldiers). ”
11:22 GMT – Russia, China, India video conference suspended
A June 23 video conference between the foreign ministers of Russia, China and India has been postponed to a later date, with Russia’s RIA Novosti news agency saying talks between China and India are not possible.
11:06 GMT – Virginie Battu-Henriksen, spokeswoman for the European Union’s foreign policy and security policy, called the Indo-China border tensions a worrying development and called on Asia’s two nuclear powers to “exercise restraint and engage in military de-escalation.”
“It’s very important to build trust and reach a peaceful solution.
10:59 GMT –China and Indian foreign affairs ministry
- Foreign ministers of India and China discuss border clashes
BEIJING (Reuters) – The foreign ministers of China and India have discussed deadly border clashes over the phone and agreed to “calm down” tensions as soon as possible, Beijing said on Monday.
Both sides agreed to work “smoothly” with the events in the Galway Valley and to maintain peace in the border region, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said.
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi spoke on his phone with Indian Foreign Minister Subramaniam Jayshankar in favor of a diplomatic solution to his country’s dispute with India over the Himalayan border.
“Mutual suspicion and conflict contradict the path of evil and the basic will of the people of both countries,” Wang said in a statement.
The statement said Jashankar “expressed his country’s desire to resolve the border dispute peacefully and through regional dialogue.”
10:41 GMT – Russia welcomes China-India peace talks
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said Moscow welcomes the contacts it has made between India and China in the wake of a deadly border clash.
“It has already been announced that the military representatives of India and China have contacted and are discussing the situation. We welcome it,” Lavrov told a news conference.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has close ties with Chinese President Xi Jinping and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who have spoken of doing “special chemistry” with Russia’s most powerful man.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters: “Both China and India are very close to us.” “We are paying close attention to what is happening on the Sino-Indian border.”
The hashtag ‘Wind Stand with Indian Army’ has a trend on Twitter, with many calling for revenge and others calling for a boycott of Chinese products.
10:07 GMT – ‘China concerned over road construction along LAC’
“Michael Kugelman, “deputy director of the Wilson Center’s Asia program, said there was a reason behind the Indo-China tensions.
👉👉”I believe that China is concerned about the Indian road building along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), especially a road that was completed last year to allow access to all routes from Leh, the capital of Ladakh, to Karakram Pass,” he said.
|Indian (BSF) troops
Outer image – India China – Modi title
Indian Border Security Force (BSF) troops patrol a
highway on the Chinese side of the border in Leh। Pic Credit:-[Toussaint Mostafa / AFP]
Kugelman said any conversation on Chinese inspiration must repeal India’s Article 370, which gives autonomy to India-administered Kashmir. The latest clash took place in the Federation Ladakh, when it was later separated from Jammu and Kashmir for autonomy.
“I think it’s clear. Beijing reacted strongly and swiftly after India took this step last year. I think China shows Article 370 in the same way as Pakistan. India took a unilateral step that claims a part of China as its own.”
“I think the [coronavirus] epidemic also played a role. China knows that the initial response to the coronavirus has been widely criticized around the world. It has found a lot of itself. The attack is to divert from the current Corona situation.
09:17 GMT – India, China armies ‘talking to defuse tension’
Talks are being held between senior Indian and Chinese army officers in the Galwan Valley along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Himalayan region to defuse the situation, India’s news agency, ANI, reported citing sources in the Indian army.
In a report earlier on Wednesday, ANI had also claimed that a Chinese military commander was among more than 40 People’s Liberation Army (PLA) soldiers killed in Monday night’s “violent face-off”. The news agency provided no further details.
08:45 GMT – India awaits Modi’s response to Ladakh killings
India waits for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s response to the death of Indian soldiers as the country’s media vented its fury and political rivals goaded Modi over his silence.
|1972 India – China War
1972 ;19 soldiers67 The bodies handed over to them by the Chinese troops at the Sikkim border of India on 14 September are taken away by the Indian troops [Keystone-France / Gamma-Rafo via Getty Images] [Pictures at the gate]
Modi, who rode to power on a nationalist platform, met his defence and foreign ministers and military chiefs late on Tuesday, but he has yet to speak publicly on the worst clash between the two countries since the Nathu La conflict in 1967, five years after the Sino-Indian war.