An ITV spokesperson said he had decided it was “no longer appropriate” to show the episode after 20 women filed the Complain.
Noel Clarke: ITV will not air the final episode of the drama Viewpoint after allegations of sexual harassment against actor “Episode” become available only on the ITV update service after being “no longer eligible” for the TV show.
UK ITV announced that it would not broadcast the last episode of its drama show Viewpoint on Friday night after allegations of sexual harassment against star Noel Clarke.
An ITV spokesperson said he had decided it was “no longer appropriate” to show the episode. After 20 women, they filed complaints with The Guardian.
“ITV has a zero tolerance policy on harassment, harassment and victimization, as well as solid procedures for investigating and handling complaints.
We believe that everyone deserves to work in a safe and supportive environment,” said Co- Star Ashley Walters deeply saddened the episode that would be the finale of the five-part police drama series was scheduled for 9 p.m.
The Thursday night episode was the most popular show in its time slot at around 3.5 million viewers according to information from BARB. Viewers had previously criticized ITV for failing to release the episode after the allegations came to light.
Clarke, 45, has been charged with sexual harassment and intimidation for several years. He denied the allegations and said he would defend himself against the “false allegations”.
ITV said “Given the gravity of the allegations made against Noel Clarke by 20 women in The Guardians report, ITV has decided that it is no longer appropriate to air the final episode of the drama Viewpoint on ITV’s main channel,
The Actor has vehemently denied the allegations, saying it will be making the episode available on its ITV Hub update service “for a limited time” so viewers can watch the series conclude that some of our viewers have already invested four hours of their time in the last four nights after that thriller that was supposed to end tonight and the final episode,
“he said. ITV is the latest company to move away from the actor after Sky and production company Vertigo Films removed Clarke from any future production. Sky has said he “opposes all forms of sexuality, harassment and bullying and takes any complaint of this nature very seriously.
“The actor has been hired to star in a fourth season of the Sky show Bulletproof but has now been removed from the show.
BAFTA also suspended Clarkes’ membership and revoked the recently awarded award, calling the allegations “hideous”.
The UK’s entry to the Film Awards (OBCC) at the BAFTA ceremony in London earlier this month, but the Academy said it was aware of the claims when the award was announced.
But the prosecutors left no record. “If the victims had reported like the Guardian, the award would have been suspended immediately,” said BAFTA. Defending his actions, he added, “It would have been inappropriate to stop the award at this point based on the extremely limited information we had where the final sources were unknown.